What evidence will I need to support my claim
You can help to support your VA disability claim by providing documents, such as:
* Military medical treatment records.
* VA medical records and hospital records that relate to your claimed illnesses or injuries or that show your rated disability has gotten worse.
* private medical records and hospital reports that relate to your claimed illnesses or injuries or that show your disability has gotten worse.
* Supporting statements you’d like to provide from family members, friends, clergy members, law enforcement personnel, or those you served with that can tell more about your claimed condition and how and when it happened or how it got worse.
* They will also review your discharge papers (DD214 or other separation documents) and service treatment records.
Depending on the type of claim you file, you may gather supporting documents yourself, or you can ask the VA for help to gather evidence.